SubTropolis Storage is located only 10 minutes from Kansas City’s central business district and 20 minutes from KCl Airport. Just across from Ameristar Casino.
From Downtown Kansas City, MO
1. I-35 N to MO-210 (Exit 6A)…
From Kansas City International Airport
1. I-435 E to MO-210 (Exit 55)…
From the Truman Sports Complex
1. I-435 N to MO-210 (Exit 55B)…
2. MO-210 E to Eldon Avenue
3. Left on Eldon/Ameristar Drive
4. Right after railroad tracks
5. Follow the signs on Underground Drive
6. Left into the SubTropolis Storage leasing office (8760 entrance)
For Saturday and other non-business hours, access SubTropolis Storage via the I-435/MO-210 interchange, turn right on Randolph Road, then turn left on Underground Drive (before RR tracks).
CAUTION: RVs and/or boats taller than 9′ 6″ should wait outside the 8760 entrance. SubTropolis Storage personnel will escort you into the facility.
What is SubTropolis?
SubTropolis was created through the mining of a 270-million-year-old limestone deposit. In the mining process, limestone is removed by the room and pillar method, leaving 25-foot square pillars that are on 65-foot centers and 40 feet apart.
- Over 10,000 limestone pillars
- Strength of limestone is 18,000 to 24,000 pounds per square inch, which is 6x stronger than concrete
- Nearly 50 million square feet (over 1,000 acres) have been mined out since mining began in 1945
Want more info? Check out the SubTropolis Storage flyer.